Following our first positive case within the Club, which led to swimmers having to isolate, and the fact that we have a number of swimmers now self-isolating due to school contacts, we have reviewed our Covid-19 procedures.
We believe our procedures themselves do not need changing, but we do believe that swimmers, parents, liaisons and coaches all need a reminder about how important it is to follow our Club Covid-19 guidelines. If the procedures are followed, then not only should it lead to fewer swimmers having to isolate if there is a positive case, but will hopefully reduce the risk of spread of infection.
As a reminder, our COVID procedures can be accessed at the link below. We would be grateful if you could share these with your child(ren).
Here are some of the key points:
- Do not come to training if you have COVID symptoms or are told to self-isolate.
- Inform the Club if you have a positive test.
- Line up in lane order outside GL1.
- Wear face coverings.
- Stand at least 1 metre apart whilst waiting to go into GL1 or Oxstalls.
- Space out by at least 1 metre whilst walking to the pool or sports hall.
- Change in the correct area for your lane.
- Spread out as much as possible when stopping at the end of the lane.
- Do not swim side by side with other swimmers during kick sets.
- Do not use the changing rooms unless necessary.
If you have any questions, let us know.
This is a monitored email inbox and is used for issuing emails from Gloucester City Swimming Club.